RTSP/RTMP DirectShow Source Filter SDK
The Datastead RTSP/RTMP/DirectShow Source Filter SDK can capture RTSP, RTMP, UDP, TCP, MMS, HTTP streams, render the uncompressed audio and video streams, and can simultaneously save the native streams to MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV or MOV file without video transcoding. The filter can:
- receive streaming sources in RTSP, RTMP, RTP, HTTP, UDP, RTP, MMS protocols,
- connect asynchronously to the URL without blocking the main thread (the filter graph receives a notification when the connection completes),
- decode the streams and exposes the uncompressed video and/or audio output pins,
- record at the same time the video streams in their native format without transcoding, directly to a file (MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI, or MKV file),
- encode the audio streams to PCM, MP3 or AAC, depending on the recording file name (e.g. H264/AAC for a MP4 recording),
- generate new files on the fly without loosing frames and without pausing/stopping/restarting the graph.
The filter includes internally the required multiplexers (MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI and MKV mux) and does not transcode to H264, it saves directly the native H264 samples to the file.
If the audio recording is enabled the audio stream is encoded to PCM, MP3 or AAC, depending on the format being recorded (e.g. H264/AAC for MP4).
Limitations of the evaluation version
- the evaluation version of the filter stops running after a variable time, from a few minutes to a few hours.
- after the timed out occurred, the filter will NOT restart anymore until the application is restarted.
- if several filters are running concurrently in the same application, when a filter stops upon evaluation time out the other filters go on running independently independently until they time out by themselves.
- if several filters are used concurrently in the same application, once one filter has timed out, none of the other filters can restart until the application is restarted.
License and distribution
Our license is a commercial, per developer license (royalty-free, whatever the number of PC on which your application using the filter is installed).