Datastead RTSP/RTMP/HTTP/URL DirectShow Source Filter - Overview
RTSP/RTMP/HTTP/URL DirectShow Source Filter
The Datastead RTSP/RTMP/HTTP/URL DirectShow Source Filter decodes audio and video from streaming sources, exposes the uncompressed audio and video pins, and can at the same time save the streams to a file without transcoding. The filter can:
- receive streaming sources in RTSP, RTMP, RTP, HTTP, UDP, RTP, Shoutcast or other compatible streaming formats,
- decode the streams and exposes the uncompressed video and/or audio output pins,
- record at the same time the video streams in their native format without transcoding, directly to a file (MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI, or MKV file),
- include the audio stream encoded in PCM, MP3 or AAC, depending on the recording file name (e.g. H264/AAC for a MP4 recording),
- generate file chunks by generating new files on the fly without loosing frames and without stopping/restarting the graph.
The filter includes internally the required multiplexers (MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI and MKV mux) but does not (re-)encode in H264, it saves directly the native H264 frames to the recording file.
If the audio recording is enabled the audio stream is encoded to PCM, MP3 or AAC, depending on the recording format.
Limitations of the evaluation version
- the evaluation version of the filter stops running after a variable time, from a few minutes to a few hours.
- after the timed out occurred, the filter will NOT restart anymore until the application is restarted.
- if several filters are running concurrently in the same application, when a filter stops upon evaluation time out the other filters go on running independently independently until they time out by themselves.
- if several filters are used concurrently in the same application, once one filter has timed out, none of the other filters can restart until the application is restarted.
License and distribution
Our license is a commercial, per developer license (royalty-free, whatever the number of PC on which your application using the filter is installed).
- TVideoGrabber SDK
- DirectShow Filters
- RTSP Source Filter
- Filter install/Uninstall
- Demo projects
- Quick start from the TVideoGrabber SDK
- Quick start from GraphEdit.exe
- Auto reconnection
- Optional settings
- DirectShow configuration
- Filter configuration through IFileSourceFilter
- Filter configuration through IDatasteadRtspSourceConfig
- Parameter identifiers
- RTSP Source Filter
- Online Store
- Customer Login