The RTSP/RTMP/HTTP/ONVIF DirectShow Source Filter is able to control ONVIF PTZ cameras, capture RTSP, RTMP, UDP, TCP, MMS, HTTP streams, render uncompressed audio and video streams, and can simultaneously record the audio/video streams to a file without decompression/recompression. It is also able to re-stream the source to another UDP or RTSP destination.
Most of the live audio/video streams can be decoded/recorded, including H264 and H265/HEVC.
This filter is natively supported by our TVideoGrabber SDK.
The filter can:
– decode and render live audio/video streams received through ONVIF, RTSP, RTSPS, RTMP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RTP, MMS/MMSH protocols,
– decode Youtube URLs
– record at the same time the audio/video streams to a video file (MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI, or MKV file),
– control the PTZ position of ONVIF cameras (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) with continuous, relative or absolute move and preset support,
– perform backtimed recording (pre-roll recording),
– decode H264, H264+, H265, H265+ and most of the common audio/video codecs,
– connect asynchronously to the URL without blocking the main thread (the filter graph receives a notification when the connection completes),
– expose the uncompressed pins,
– capture snapshots,
– apply multiple text overlays over the decoded frames,
– adjust the brightness, hue, saturation,
– capture snapshots to a memory bitmap or to a file in BMP, JPG, PNG or TIFF format,
– encode the audio streams to PCM, MP3 or AAC, depending on the recording file name (e.g. H264/AAC for a MP4 recording),
– re-stream the URL to another destination in UDP unicast, UDP multicast or RTSP format
– while recording, generate new files on the fly without loosing frames and without pausing/stopping/restarting the graph.
The filter includes sample callback capabilities. It includes internally the required multiplexers (MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI and MKV mux) and does not transcode to H264, it saves directly the native H264/H265 samples to the file.
If the audio recording is enabled the audio stream is encoded to PCM, MP3 or AAC, depending on the format being recorded (e.g. H264/AAC or H265/AAC to MP4).
Several instances of the filter can be used concurrently in the same application.
- Recommended: Intel Core I5, Core I7, Core I9, AMD Ryzen, or higher
- Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
Limitations of the evaluation version
– the evaluation version stops after a few minutes.